Lucky Oceans - Purple Sky (Songs Originally by Hank Williams) CD
Lucky Oceans has assembled some of his favourite Australian singers and musicians to capture the gem-like quality of the songs of Hank Williams on this new long-player.
Alongside Kasey & Bill Chambers, Paul Kelly, Don Walker, Linda & Vika Bull, Tex Perkins, Matt Walker, Jeff Lang and Eugene “Hideaway” Bridges each bring their own unique feel and sound to the songs, which help stretch and push the songs into new territory.
Lucky explains, “Hank pioneered a unique musical style that we could have tried to recreate, but that’s already been done. So we set out to change the sound of a Hank Williams song, bringing out the poetry of the lyrics. He is the man who made song writing intensely urgent and personal”.
- Ramblin’ Man - Kasey & Bill Chambers
- I Can’t Help It (If I’m Still In Love With You) - Paul Kelly
- I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry - Jeff Lang
- Why Don’t You Love Me Like You Used To -Linda & Vika Bull
- Alone And Forsaken - Paul Kelly
- Mind Your Own Business - Vika Bull
- Angel Of Death - Kasey Chambers
- Lost Highway - Tex Perkins
- I’ll Never Get Out Of This World Alive - Matt Walker
- My Sweet Love Ain’t Around - Matt Walker
- I Just Don’t Like This Kind Of Livin’ - Eugene “Hideaway” Bridges
- Just Waitin’ - Don Walker